As some of you might know, the latest iOS version released by Apple is only a beta one. This means that it is only a trial version and it is designed for developers only. It is the only way in which they are able to test it before the full version is released on the market. The iOS 6.1 beta comes after a short while after iOS 6.0.1 was released for the public and it does not brings so many changes for users. The most important change might be considered to be the integration of their mapping system in third party activity. As we are accustomed, developers find a way to jailbreak each iOS in a short time after it is released. This is also the case for iOS 6.1. In other words, jailbreak for iOS 6.1 beta is now available using the Redsnow 6.1 jailbreak tool. Unfortunately, it only supports A4-based devices such as iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 4th generation. In the same time, I want to mention the fact that jailbreak iOS 6.1 is only a tethered jailbreak, which means that you need to boot your device using Redsnow each time it is turned off.
Jailbreak iOS 6.1 is quite easy and if you already performed jailbreak for the previous iOS also using Redsnow, I am sure that you will do just fine because it is pretty much the same thing.
- Upgrade to iOS 6.1 beta and Download Redsnow 0.9.15b3.
- Install it on your computer and launch the program.
- Put your device in the DFU mode.
- Click Extras/Select IPSW and select the firmware running on your device.
- Click Back/Jailbreak and start the jailbreak process. Make sure that you check the Cydia installation option if you want to have Cydia on your device.
- Once the program does its job, you will see the Lock Screen mode. At this point, you need to restart Redsnow.
- Again put your iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 or iPod Touch 4th generation in the DFU mode.
- when the program recognizes the firmware running on your device, you need to click on the Just Boot button. This means that a tethered jailbreak for iOS 6.1 will be performed and you will end up with your device in the Lock Screen once again.
If jailbreak for 6.1 beta version was successful, you will be able to see Cydia icon on your Home screen.